dinsdag 20 januari 2015

Ranks, preliminary ballots and celebrations.

It’s funny how 2015 is making 2014 feel like a better year than it was. I’ve been getting some rather wonderful news.

First I found out that two of my novels made it to the top ten in the Predators and Editors readers poll. Angel Manor made it to a shared third place in the Horror Novel category, but my real proud moment was when I found out that Coyote: The Clockwork Dragonfly made it all the way to the second place in Steampunk novels. 



I was over the moon, and more than a little humbled, that so many people had voted for my books. Normally I would make a bunch of silly jokes now, but to be honest, I’m feeling rather emotional about it all.

Well okay... maybe a couple of emo jokes, but that's it. 



On top of that, I found out today that Angel Manor made it onto the preliminary ballot for the Bram Stoker awards. I’m crossing my fingers that my novel will live to see another round, but making it this far is already very flattering.

Not saying I will get my grubby little mitts on one of those nice trophies, I'm just hoping I may get a
nomination. It's nice to dream *grin*

I may not have found an agent yet, and none of my work has been picked up by a top five publisher. The New York Times bestseller list is just a dream at this point. But it’s moments like these that I have a lot of hope for the future. They remind me that people are reading my work, and that some of those people actually liked my work enough to vote for it. That’s huge.


I can never say this enough, but I am grateful for my readers. To all of you out there who have supported me, and who still are waving proverbial pom-poms in my direction: THANK YOU.

Your kindness touches my heart and gets me through the moments where it’s not about awards or rewards.

I love you all.



1 opmerking: