dinsdag 10 december 2013

Indecisive



Right now I’m juggling several projects and I’ve noticed my heart’s not in any of them. This sort of sucks, because I really don’t want to start up yet another new project, it’s time to finish something.

Currently I’m in the middle of editing ‘Pride’ which will be the first novelette in my ‘Even Hell Has Standards’ series, and it’s a new version of the old story ‘Only Forgotten’. That piece is at my editor’s right now, so in the meanwhile I’m working on other things.




At this moment I have three projects to choose from (besides Pride): “Alleria, Celestials and Coyote 2.” Because we’re working on an agent search for the Coyote series, I decided that the sequel will have to wait a little while, because I’m not quite sure what we’re going to do with the series.

Alleria is a finished first draft, but when I started re-reading it I decided that I wanted to switch from first person present tense to third person past tense. This means I have to rewrite the whole thing. And that’s before I start editing and sharpening the story (though I’ll do that as I go too). It’s a little disheartening and I’m not even sure if I’m making the right decisions. Sometimes it’s really tough to figure out what’s best for a story. I wish I trusted my own instincts better than I do.

Then there’s Celestials, which is 75% done at 89.000 words, but it needs a lot of work too. And I have to get back into the story.

The question is: “what story will do me more good in the short term? Which one should I finish first?”

At this moment in time I’m feeling a little creatively empty. On the one hand I have a lot of story ideas, but getting them to paper isn’t really working. And I keep feeling very disappointed with what I write. It’s affecting my mood a little, and I’m not too happy with it.  I’ll snap out of this soon enough, I know I will. And when I do I will go at these stories with full gusto. For now I’m still undecided, so I’ll probably end up tinkering on both stories, until I make up my mind.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten